True love? who knows, but I’d say that mixing up peanut butter, chocolate, graham and roasted marshmallows comes pretty close! This post is dedicated to my Guy. We were friends a good while before we started dating. He began coming around more and more to help out with my cupcake workshops-and sparks started to fly. One night we were baking up some s’mores cupcakes and he was the master when it came to popping the marshmallow topped cakes under the broiler.
I bet you can use any cupcake recipe you’d like with these. Or, if you don’t have the time to whip up a batch of your favorite cupcakes, use a mix, I won’t tell.
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 9 Tablespoons unsalted butter- softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ Cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- ½ Cup Whole Milk
- 2 teaspoons pure Vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl beat butter and peanut butter until fluffy.
- add the sugar about ¼ cup at a time.
- Beat in Eggs.
- In a larger bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt
- Mix together milk and vanilla
- Alternate adding in to the butter/sugar mixture the dry ingredients and milk.
- Fill a cupcake tin with paper liners.
- Divide the cupcake batter in half.
- Plop a dollop of batter in each tin.
- Place a teaspoon of chocolate crumbles in each well, followed by a teaspoon of graham cracker crumbs.
- Fill up tins with the rest of the batter. Try to be sure all tins are filled equally-as this ensures even baking.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake in 350 oven for 17 to 25 minutes. Bake 10 to 12 minutes for mini cupcakes. Or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Cut all of your marshmallows in half and turn your broiler on in your oven.
- Top each cupcake with cut side down marshmallow.
- Place all cupcakes in a broiler pan with sides.
- Put the cupcakes under the broiler for about ONE MINUTE (maybe 1 1/2 minutes)
- I take the back of a spoon and squish the marshmallows a bit.
Chocolate and Graham Crumbles:
- 1/2 Cup mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels (I didn’t have mini morsels, so I thew some chocolate into my food processor to make it smaller)
- 1/2 Cup graham cracker crumbs
Topping 24 regular sized marshmallows (if you making mini cupcakes) or 12 giant marshmallows (if you are making normal sized cupcakes)