This makes 42 mini cupcakes.
It’s that time, everything should be pumpkin, gingerbread, apple, caramel, or brown sugar.
The filling in this cupcake is scrumptious, but can be completely left out of you don’t like a little crunch in your cupcake, if you have any nut allergies, or if you’re just feeling kinda lazy.
- 1 cup whole-wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Cups sifted powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Beat cream cheese and butter in mixer until light and fluffy. Slowly add in the powdered sugar about 1/4 cup at a time. add vanilla. Stop mixer, scrape sides of bowl to incorporate all the mix well. Once cupcakes are cooled, feel free to frost with a knife or a piping bag.